Friday, December 9, 2011

Are you only one way?

When I take on a new client, one of the biggest problems that I see is what I call "only one way."

What I mean is that far too often clients come to me wanting more traffic to their sites (and the sales that would come from having that traffic) and I see that the person is only using one method of advertising their site.

Folks, there are a TON of methods of advertising.  DOZENS of traffic generation strategies.  Why not cross-advertise, cross-promote, and cross-market?

If your traffic comes from 5 or 6 different channels then you don't have to worry so much about one of them going away.

Flip that around, and I can't tell you the number of times I've gotten panicked calls from someone because they've been "google slapped" and now their sites are getting zero traffic.  Their entire business was built on a single traffic method and once something happened, they were in trouble.

I'm recommending that NO single source of traffic should ever be more than 30% of your total traffic volume.  This way, if something happens with one of them and that traffic goes away, it won't kill your business.

This is a MAJOR thing that I can show you how to do for people that get my free strategy session.  Just click the link above for details on how to get yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment